Monday, August 26, 2013

My Mission Has Changed My Life


Dear Family and Friends,

Wow this is my last letter being a missionary.  Time has truly gone by so fast!!  My mission has meant the world to me and has changed my life.  I am so grateful for this time I have been able to be a representative of Jesus Christ.  The Gospel brings true happiness that money cannot buy.  I have seen how it has changed my life and the life of others.  It is very sad for me to leave the people of Michigan!!   I have gotten to know so many of them and love so many of them.  It is like leaving home all over again :).  It is bitter sweet to leave.  
  
I had an amazing last week of my mission!!!  God is good!!!  District meeting was awesome.  The topic was Christ like attributes and it was amazing.  We all had an attribute to teach on and the spirit was so strong and we all learned so much.  Yesterday at church they called me up to give my testimony, it took me by surprise and wasn't expecting it but it was a great privilege. It was awesome that we had a few more people than last week come to church yesterday.  The coolest thing happened yesterday, one of the ladies in the ward that just got reactivated is the fellowshipper for two of the ladies that came for their first time yesterday. After church yesterday she came up to me and said “Elder Fletcher, thank you so much for finding me two new friends.”  It brought me so much joy hearing that.  

I got to go to Charlotte one last time this week and that was very hard to leave!!!  I got to see a few of the members that I love so much.  Celeste who has been like my mom was so hard to say goodbye to.  I can't wait to see all my friends from Michigan again.  Thank you all for all of the support that you have given me out here.  Thanks for following the last two years of my life and helping me grow.  

Love,
Elder Robson Fletcher 

No comments:

Post a Comment